Thu, 16 Mar|
Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre
Viniyoga® Therapy Training | UK | 2023 - 2025
SELF EMPOWERMENT & HEALING THROUGH BODY, BREATH, MIND & SPIRIT
Time & Location
16 Mar 2023, 08:30 – 26 Mar 2023, 17:00
Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre, 14 Trinity St, Dorchester DT1 1DD, UK
About the event
This course will offer in-depth training in applying the holistic principles of Yoga as a complementary healing system. It is most suited for those who want to become Yoga Therapists and those who wish to develop individualized complementary Yoga Therapy processes for students with different ailments or health concerns.
By undergoing this intense training, students learn about the therapeutic aspects of Yoga so that they may facilitate others in the journey towards self-empowerment, healing and personal transformation. It will also provide trainees an excellent opportunity to develop their unique strengths as healers.
The main faculty for this training program will be Dr Kausthub Desikachar. This is the first ever Viniyoga Therapy Training offered in the UK!Viniyoga Therapy
In the classical Viniyoga® tradition, Yoga Therapy is practised with the following orientation:
- As a self-empowering process, where the Care Seeker is responsible for his/her healing process
- In an individualized, one-to-one setting
- As multi-dimensional in its approach, often utilizing many tools of Yoga
- As a process focused on the individual, not just the illness
- As a context-sensitive method, respecting the age, occupation, ability and other parameters of the individual
- As an evolving process, not an instant solution
- As a personal and spiritual development path, a process for developing one’s own unique potentials
- As a collaborative and complementary system of self-health care
Following the holistic and classical teachings of Professor Sri T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar, this extensive training will:
- Present the most important principles of Viniyoga Therapy as a self-empowering, holistic and complementary system of health
- Provide comprehensive training in the understanding and application of the vast array of tools that Viniyoga offers, to address a wide range of health concerns in a holistic manner
- Help the trainee understand and learn how to implement the one-to-one approach to healing of Viniyoga
- Explore the role of Viniyoga in developing and supporting a wellness-oriented lifestyle
- Educate on professional and ethical standards under which Viniyoga Therapy must be practiced
- Assist in providing a safe environment to facilitate the trainees in the often challenging journey of personal and spiritual development, as well as the evolution of their own unique strengths as healers
Some of the tools used in the Viniyoga® tradition include (but are not limited to) the following : postures (Āsana), breath regulation (Prāṇāyāma), meditation (Dhyānam), dietary recommendations (Āhāra niyama), lifestyle suggestions (Vihāra niyama), chanting (Mantra), visualizations / affirmations (Bhāvanā), special energetic seals (Mudrā), symbolic gestures (Nyāsa) and guided self-inquiry (Svādhyāya).
A comprehensive understanding of these tools and how to utilize them in individualized Viniyoga Therapy, will form a core part of the training program.Dates for the training
The following are the approximate dates of the training modules. The exact dates will be communicated with the acceptance letter.
Module 01: 16 - 26 Mar 2023 Module 02: 07 - 17 Sep 2023* Module 03: Mar/Apr 2024 (Precise dates TBA) Module 04: Sep 2024 (Precise dates TBA) Module 05: Mar/Apr 2025 (Precise dates TBA) Module 06: Sep 2025 (Precise dates TBA)Venue:
The training program will be conducted at the serene settings of: Dorchester Yoga and Therapy Centre 14 Trinity Street Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1TU England, United KingdomMore Information:
For any additional enquiries, kindly contact our local coordinator, Sarah Ryan email: email@example.com Mobile : +44 7523 7523 53 Landline: + 44 1258 839230